Click the link to apply:
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking Quality Engineer to join our dynamic team in our Troy, MI as part of the Vehicle Component Company.
LG Electronics Vehicle Component’s Company focuses on commercializing eco-friendly automotive components and core solutions based on LG’s proprietary technologies. LG produces high-quality in-car infotainment systems that deliver both information and entertainment on-the-go for many of the world’s biggest automobile brands. The VC Company also develops electric compressors for automotive applications, e-traction motors for individual and integrated systems such as drive units and power electronics providing a total solution to meet specific market needs.
- Responsible for all issues and CARE2 operation and field
support and plant Liaison that is related to all of e-PT components (RESS,
HPDM, OBCM, SPIM, ACCM, MOTOR, Battery Heater) and all safe launching
activities of our product to ensure our product meets our quality standards.
- Manage local inspection facility which conducts inspection
testing to verify product quality.
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product launches
to meet customer requirements
- Lead APQP activates and coordinates documentation for such
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects
- Lead response to emerging quality issues and responsible for
containment and tracking of those issues
- Effectively communication with customer and internal
communication of quality issues.
- Leads quality analysis of customer reported failures (PRR)
and finds potential root cause of failed part.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing
data; making recommendations
- Reports quality status internally and to the customer, using
5 Phase, GQTS.
- Analyzes all warranty claims to determine root cause why the
product was returned.
- Manages the process and procedures to refurbish service
parts and ensure good parts are being shipped to our customers.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results
- Bachelor degree in Electrical engineering, Mechanical
engineering, Computer science or Industrial engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the automotive industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skill for strategic planning, process improvement,
- Quality engineering, attention to detail, thoroughness,
dealing with complexity
- Problem-solving skill and Team working skill
- Knowledge of Quality
system (TS16949) and APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC etc.
- Preferred Technical Qualifications: Technical Knowledge of
automotive electronics and / or Certified Quality Engineer.
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.